Planning a marriage?

And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.

What do we need to do?

Once you have made the decision to marry you should;

(a) Contact the Minister at the church you wish to marry to discuss the wedding and agree a suitable date.

(b) Find and reserve a suitable venue for your reception.

(c) Contact your local registry office giving no less than 16 days’ notice of the marriage. If you live in separate Local Authority areas both parties will need to give notice to the registrar in the district where the marriage is to take place. You will need to make an appointment and they will inform you what documents you will need to take with you.

(d) Find someone who can provide appropriate pre-marital counselling. Weddings cost a fortune but only last a day. Good counselling can also cost you but the benefits can last a lifetime; invest wisely.

Aberdeen Street is registered as a venue for conducting marriage ceremonies. We have resident ministers who will carry out the ceremony and registrars who will ensure that everything is in order and issue your marriage certificate.

If you are planning to get married and would like to consider Aberdeen Street as a venue, we would be happy to accommodate you. We would advise however, that you contact us well in advance, preferably six months, but no less than three months.

We also have individuals who can provide wedding planning services, decorations, chair covers, printing, catering, photography and video recording. However, you will need to make separate arrangements with them.